UMFM’s Pledge-O-Rama Returns!
October 13 – 20, 2017
For almost 17 years I have been blessed to be a host with CJUM 101.5 UMFM in Winnipeg, where I strive to spread the word about great music and culture. It is our sincere hope that what we do makes a difference in the lives of artists and fans, and experience feedback tells us that we’re doing a pretty good job. We hope that we play a vital role in encouraging and spreading music and information.
Over the years, the cost of running a radio station has steadily increased, and sadly, our funding from the University has not kept pace. We’ve done as much as we can to cut costs, increase revenue, and run things as efficiently as possible. Over the past 5 years, we have been overwhelmed by the response to Pledge-O-Rama, which has helped us to become a stronger, more sustainable station. That support energized us and helped us to make the station even stronger and smoother running, and helped us to plan for a more stable, sustainable future. We’d love to keep the momentum going, so UMFM will again be running our annual funding drive, Pledge-O-Rama, October 13-20, 2017.
Supporting the station and the great information and music that we promote makes you an official Music Angel, entitles you to our ongoing heavenly thanks and praise.
If you’re not convinced yet, here are some words from a friend & supporter of campus & community radio:
“My music career has grown significantly over the past 4 years thanks to community radio stations across Canada. I especially want to thank Jeff Robson for broadcasting my live interviews and studio albums on Tell the Band to Go Home and Steel Belted Radio at CJUM 101.5 UMFM in Winnipeg. His show reaches audiences around the globe, and I have seen his listeners purchase my music as a result of hearing me on his programs. By supporting Jeff and community radio, you are supporting Culture and Arts in Canada! ~ Christina Martin – Singer Songwriter and Fan of Jeff Robson
By supporting UMFM, hopefully you are getting the inherent reward of knowing that you’re part of making great campus and community radio happen. We support and encourage great music and ideas which are under-represented in mainstream media. We’re all about independent, local, challenging content that is made by real people. It’s interesting and accessible, and that is worth supporting.
As our thanks to YOU for helping us, we’ve got some dandy gifts for you. You can choose to either make your donation TAX DEDUCTIBLE and receive a receipt, OR you can choose the package corresponding with the amount you donate. This year, at the $250 level, we’re offering you the chance to get BOTH. (note: you can choose to split up pledges however you wish, so if you really want a canvas tote bag and friends card, but nothing else, you could make one pledge for $25 and a separate tax-deductible pledge for another amount, or split things up however you wish. You can also support multiple shows/hosts with your pledge):
Here’s a complete list of our great incentive packages, tax receipts are also available:
- $50 – UMFM’s Friends With Benefits Card, UMFM Earplugs, Stickers, UMFM Canvas Tote Bag, UMFM German Beer Stein (aka “The Dietmar”)
- $101.50 – UMFM’s Friends With Benefits Card, UMFM Earplugs, Stickers, UMFM Tote Bag, “The Dietmar” Beer Stein, your choice of UMFM Pledge T-Shirt or a UMFM Toque
- $150 – UMFM’s Friends With Benefits Card, UMFM Earplugs, Stickers, UMFM Tote Bag, “Dietmar” Beer Stein, UMFM Pledge T-Shirt, UMFM Toque and 1 entry into our special Golden Ticket draws – there’s 8 of them!
- $250 – 2 UMFM Friends With Benefits Cards, 2 sets of UMFM Earplugs, 2 UMFM Tote Bags, 2 “Dietmar” Beer Steins, 2 UMFM Pledge T-Shirts, 2 UMFM Toques, a new UMFM Sweatshirt and entry into our special Golden Ticket draws – there’s 8 of them!
- One of everything (earplugs, stickers, tote bag, “Dietmar” beer stein, t-shirt, sweatshirt, + all prize draws including the Golden Ticket) AND a tax receipt for $100! (but again, you can split pledges at any level over $25, so you can get a tax receipt and incentive levels – ie: $50 pledge could be $25 level incentives + $25 tax receipt)
Please be aware that we cannot set aside specific t-shirt sizes during Pledge-O-Rama. All of our shirts will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.
Pre-pledge to UMFM and not only we will guarantee you your desired shirt size, but one of our fine hosts will deliver it to your door or your mailbox!
We’re pretty easy going folks at UMFM, always willing to listen to offers on putting together your own custom incentive package, provided you’ve pledged at least $101.50!
- EXCLUSIVE to TTBTGH PRE-PLEDGERS ONLY, for $180, you can have the card, earplugs, a sweatshirt, AND Two other items (tote bag, Dietmar beer stein, t-shirt (2 different designs), or toque)! (plus all prize draws!)
Exclusive TTBTGH/SBFRR Incentives!
IN ADDITION, Tell the Band to Go Home and Steel Belted Radio have amassed the following prizes, which are EXCLUSIVE to those shows. Again, Pre-Pledgers get an added bonus, because you can PICK YOUR PRIZE PACK! Everyone who pledges will get a prize pack, but if you want specific items, PLEDGE NOW!
NEW: Prizes are literally FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED! No more messing around trying to make the perfect prize pack, you get your pledge in early, you get rewarded. You can choose ONE item off of the list for every one of the above prize levels that you meet or beat (so a $25 pledge gets you one item, $50 gets two, but we’ll max it out at 5 after $150.) If you have another idea, we can work something out.
And, once again, Pledge-O-Rama is the only place to get the annual, now legendary “Best of” compilation CDs! This year’s Best of 2016 CDs will feature a CD of mellower music, a CD of rockin’ recordings, a bonus collection, and/or a convenient .mp3 collection (featuring bonus tracks not available on audio CD) for your car or to load onto your digital device!
Make your donation now by clicking this link! (don’t forget to support Tell the Band to Go Home!)
Anything entered here is emailed directly to us (not posted publicly):
Anything entered below may be posted publicly. We love feedback, so please consider it: